Fluffy, buttery, white cake loaf loaded with chunks of apples and layers of brown sugar and cinnamon swirled inside and on top. Simply Irresistible!
Brown Sugar/Cinnamon Mixture:
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk or almond milk
- 2 apples any kind, peeled and chopped , mixed with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Old-Fashioned Creme Glaze
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1-3 tablespoons of milk or cream- depending on thickness of glaze wanted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use a 9×5-inch loaf pan and spray with non-stick spray or line with foil and spray with non-stick spray to get out easily for slicing.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In another medium-sized bowl, beat white sugar and butter together using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until blended in; add in vanilla extract.
- Combine & whisk flour and baking powder together in another bowl and add into creamed butter mixture and stir until blended.
- Mix milk into batter until smooth.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared loaf pan; add half the chopped apple mixture.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture you set aside earlier, on top of apple layer.
- Pour the remaining batter over apple layer and top with remaining chopped apples, then the remaining brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Lightly pat apples into batter; swirl brown sugar mixture through apples using knife or spoon.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, approximately 60 minutes.
- To make glaze, mix powdered sugar and milk or cream together until well mixed.
- Let cool for about 15 minutes before drizzling with glaze.
Optional:Next time I think I would add in walnuts. You can always use other fruit, or you could add in chocolate chips too! Substitutions: I’ve also substituted this with 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt, 1/3 cup milk and add 1/4 teaspoon baking soda instead of 1/2 cup milk as called out in the bread loaf ingredients. Baking options: Bake 30-40 min. for 2 loaf recipe, 15-20 minutes for muffins or 50 -60 minutes for one full loaf recipe or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
1 gallon Apple Cider (preferably Filtered, But Not Necessary)
½ cups Brown Sugar
2 teaspoons Allspice, Whole
3 teaspoons Cloves, Whole
4 sticks Cinnamon
2 dashes Nutmeg
1 whole Orange, Cut In Half
Preparation: Pour cider into crock pot. Stir in brown sugar. In a coffee filter or cheesecloth, place the allspice, cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg. Carefully fold up the coffee filter, making sure none of the spices can fall out. Tie up with butcher’s twine and place into the cider. (You can purchase mulling spices to avoid this part and just add the mulling spice bag to the cider) Slice an orange in half and place sliced side down into the cider. Cover and heat on low for several hours before guests arrive, or can be heated on high for an hour or two until it’s hot enough and then turn the heat down to low. Keep spice bag and orange halves in the cider the entire time.
Fresh Local Apple Cider
French Vanilla Ice Cream
Whipped Cream – Optional
Apple Slice – Optional
Ground Cinnamon – Optional
Cinnamon Stick – Optional
Caramel Sauce – Optional
- Scoop ice cream into a cup & pour fresh local apple cider.
- Top with whipped cream, an apple slice, a sprinkle of ground cinnamon, a cinnamon stick, & caramel sauce.